The best way to keep your systems running smoothly is to perform regular maintenance. However, not all maintenance must be done by professionals. Below are some helpful tips to follow that will help you keep your systems running for years to come.
- Change 1″ furnace filters monthly.
- Change 4″ high-efficient filters twice yearly (spring and fall).
- Electronic air cleaner cells and pre-screen filters (found upstream of large cells) should be washed in a laundry tub or dishwasher on a monthly basis. Be sure that filters are completely dry before returning to cartridge.
- Start your furnace prior to the arrival of cold weather. If startup problems occur, call us at 715-832-6909.
- A bi-annual clean and tune-up will also assure continued efficiency and dependability.
- Replace humidifier pad prior to heating season. This is also a good time to service your air-to-air exchanger.
- In the late summer/early fall, remove core from air exchanger. Wash in a laundry tub, air dry completely, and return to air exchanger. Wash or shake out small foam filters. These filters should be removed and cleaned two or three times during the operating season.
- Do not wash Lossnay core. Simply vacuum the exposed faces of the core carefully with a soft brush attachment and wash the filters.
- To clean, wipe the inside of the unit seasonally.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Check outside air-intake screen for blockages and brush or vacuum away any debris.
- Test the operation of your unit prior to the arrival of hot weather. Run only long enough to confirm startup. If the unit fails to start, check the position of the thermostat (should be in cooling mode). Check the position of breakers in your electrical panel. They must be in the “ON” position. Check the fuse located in disconnect box. The disconnect box is located outside by the air conditioning unit.
- Be sure furnace filters are clean.
- Keep outside condenser coil clean. When the unit is not running, take a garden hose and flush it clean, starting at the top of unit and washing down. VERY IMPORTANT: Go to the electrical panel and put air conditioning breaker in “OFF” position before washing down the unit.